SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP RULES
$100,000 MINIMUM GUARANTEED SMART PAYOUT
The SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP is sanctioned by USBC with
Tournament Certificate #04132 The tournament will be held on January 13-15, 2024 at
Cal Bowl in Lakewood, CA.
- Tournament is open to all bowlers who have competed in at least three (3) Southern California Shootout events.
- Participants may enter once. Entry fee will be $100 for all divisions. Schedule is TBD based on the number of entries; however, bowling could begin as early as 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 13th, 2024.
- The tournament will be divided into the same four divisions as the Shootout Events. All competition will be scratch.
- ENTRY CLOSING DATE: December 24, 2023, unless all spots are filled sooner.
- Tournament format: Bowlers will bowl three 5-game blocks on three different oil patterns. Blocks one and two will be bowled on Saturday, with bowlers returning for the final block on Sunday. The top-5 bowlers in each division will advance to a stepladder roll-off consisting of one-game matches to determine the tournament champion.
- Tournament management has the right to reschedule lane assignments or times, including the number of bowlers per pair, at any time during the event. Reasons for rescheduling of lanes may include, but are not limited to, mechanical breakdowns, technical problems, and booking conflicts.
- ENTERING AVERAGES: The tournament will have bowlers enter in the division in which they qualified. Bowlers may "play up" and move to a higher division but cannot move down.
- Bowlers arriving late or not present to bowl when it is their turn will be credited with a zero for that frame or frames missed.
- Practice is prohibited on the tournament patterns in the hosting centers during the weekend of competition. Bowlers may practice on lanes that are not oiled with the tournament pattern if available.
- No practice allowed for lanes that have been moved due to breakdowns.
- If deemed necessary, the Tournament Director shall consult with the director of the GLAUSBC in deciding disputes.
- Any protest or appeal concerning scoring must be made in writing stating the grounds of the protest or appeal and submitted to the tournament committee within 72 hours after the infraction has occurred. The decision of the tournament committee is final and binding on all involved parties. Any violation of tournament rules is cause for disqualification, loss of entry fee, forfeit of all prize monies, and possible suspension from USBC membership.
- ANY AND ALL RULES NOT COVERED IN THE ABOVE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES BOWLING CONGRESS RULES.
- BOWLING ATTIRE: Dress code: Boys must wear slacks, girls may wear slacks, skirts, or skorts with a collared shirt or bowling jersey. Skirts/skorts must be of an acceptable length. No alcohol, tobacco, sexual, or profane advertisements will be allowed on any attire or equipment. NOT ALLOWED: T-Shirts, clothing torn or ripped or with holes, jeans, shorts, fleece/lycra/spandex/legging type material, or sweats. No head covering (hats, caps, or bandannas, etc.) or sunglasses once competition begins. NO HEADPHONES, AIRPODS, OR SIMILAR DURING COMPETITION. Tournament Management must approve any/all exceptions prior to competition.
- Food and drink must be kept on counters behind the lanes and not in the bowler’s area. Spectators are not allowed in the bowlers' area.
- Please contact tournament officials with any questions or items not covered in these rules at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Grand Championship Top-5 Payouts for Each Division:
1st Place $4000
2nd Place $3500
3rd Place $3000
4th Place $2500
5th Place $2000